Thursday, January 24, 2019

When we Let our Opinions Lose sight of what God has Created us for

When we let our opinions lose sight of what God has created us for we start going down a very dark path.
And that is to be loved by God and to love others with the same love.

I very rarely throw my opinion into politics in a public place because I believe relationships are more important than opinions, and I’ve learned how to use discernment in choosing the battles God wants me to fight. But reading about how New York has just passed a bill legalizing abortion up until birth has literally grieved my heart.  In the past 2 years of working in our restoration home here in Cambodia, I have fought for the lives of babies and I have walked closely with mothers who were pregnant not by their own choosing. I fostered a premature baby that struggled for life for months, but that stands next to me now as a flourishing 2-year-old that brings his mother so much joy and has changed the trajectory of both of their lives, and their entire family for good. We have fought to keep more than 32 babies safe from being trafficked across borders and sold, and for their mothers to be able to be free to raise their babies outside of prison- pregnant again not by their own choosing.  I have held the hands of very young moms as they birth beautiful life giving babies that restore their hearts within seconds of being in this world.

Every baby that I have seen come into this world- almost all which have come from rape/abuse/or trickery have been nothing but life-giving, restoring, and beautiful in all the lives around them. And to take those babies lives away would have been absolutely devastating for their mothers, and for everyone they will bring life, joy, and love to in their lives.


If we could spend our efforts in supporting expecting mothers in distress, love them in their questioning and grief, hold their hand through labor pains, and walk through motherhood with them- I think we would see God’s loving miracle and healing that comes from a new life being born even in the darkest and most traumatic of situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers