Sunday, January 26, 2014

Shaken and Dislodged

This is a recent article that I wrote that was put in the G42 quarterly magazine summing up my last three months here in Spain. 

Shaken: to become dislodged and fall off or down

If you spend more than five minutes in a classroom at G42 you will feel some things being dislodged from you and if you stay much longer than that you will see those things start to fall to the ground. My first three months here at G42 has had a shaking effect on me. What has not been founded on the rock, Jesus Christ has been falling to the ground. Lies I’ve believed about myself, about God, and about others have come off me like dry sand off the bottom of my feet. You see, I didn’t realize that in my three years of really chasing after my King, so many things have stuck to me; so many comments spoken over me, false teachings brought to my ears, and doubts presented to me were picked up by my feet as I walked through them. Hebrews 12:27-28, says

“This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore let us be grateful in receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken..”

The Greek word for shaken that is used in this passage is saleuo and it literally means to agitate or provoke and to cause to totter. Honestly when I first felt things starting to dislodge from me it felt a lot like agitation, questioning and tottering. But in all reality God was shaking the things off of me that were never meant to be there because they didn’t come from Him. The truth is they aren’t going to glorify Him in my future work in ministry either. There comes a point in everyone’s walk with God where they are either going to choose to let those things stay and start to stink on you or let the Holy Spirit remove them and place beautiful garments on you. I’ve chosen the latter and in that He has started to build upon what has remained from the shaking. My foundation is strong now because nothing else is lodged in it that is affecting it.



“Everyone who comes to me, and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house that dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and COULD NOT SHAKE IT, because it had been well built.” Luke 6:47-48

**If you would like to be a part of what God is doing through me here and my future plans you can hit the partner with me button and read more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers