Thursday, August 7, 2014

Qualified.

I often times sit and just watch people interact. That might be a little weird (ha) but I love people. I realized recently how much it hurts my heart to watch people hurt each other through something as simple as miscommunication sometimes. I want to just step in and coach people through seeing a different perspective and seeing the best in others instead of the worst.

No, I can't make people care about each other or have compassion but I can love people to life & wear that proudly so others can see a glimpse into God's heart for His people. When you love someone to life- they come alive and its something that you can't help but want to give away.

When I look at what the next season of my life looks like in Cambodia- it can be easy to get overwhelmed very quickly and start listing off the ways I'm not ready, prepared, or qualified for what I'm getting myself into. But then theres the one thing- the most important thing to have and I'm reminded of how qualified I really am.



I know I'm qualified for this because I love people, a love that comes from the Father's heart.
I love loving people to life.
It breaks down walls.
WALLS OF PRIDE. OF INSECURITY. OF FEAR. OF HURT.

I may not be a scholar, a professional counselor, or renowned teacher but I have great Love in me to give away, & I intend to do just that . 

The Lord loves to speak to me through movies and as I was watching one of my favorite movies, Uptown Girls the other day He spoke clearly again. The movie stars Brittany Murphy, a young rich girl who loses her fortune and is forced into a nanny job to survive. She has never worked a day in her life, has no working experience, and yet is confident walking into her new job. In reality she is a hot mess, under qualified, and had no clue what she was getting herself into, but still her confidence was there. She proudly said she was fully qualified because she loved people. She loved relationship, and that is what healed an entire family and a hurting little girl who was forced to grow up to soon.

Man does that hit home to my heart right now. From the outside I have nothing to offer these teachers or students, but oh my heart do I love them already and I want to be a listening ear, encouraging word, and life-giving Spirit to them.

I want to see the same hands that healed my heart, heal theirs. 
I want to see Love invade and break down barriers that were built in an attempt to protect what was left after being abused. 
I want to see the power of God destroy the camps the enemy has been building for far too long. 

I'm taking back all that the enemy has stolen in Cambodia, and I'm coming in like a wrecking ball.
All by the power of His love for His people.

Get ready Cambodia, I'm coming for ya in 22 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers