Friday, March 28, 2014

Tuk-Tuks, Khmai, and Hungry People


We arrived here in Cambodia only 3 short days, but it feels like The Lord has taken us on a crazy amazing whirlwind of an adventure already with Agape. We have spent the past three days soaking in the culture of busy streets, tuk-tuks, khmai, and humble people hungry for hope. For only being here for such a short time this place-Agape in particular feels like home. The American staff feel like home. The Cambodian teachers feel like home. The kids running around barefoot with huge smiles on their faces feel like home.

I sat in a staff meeting yesterday with the teachers I will be discipling and pouring into here and I can honestly say I really love them. They are people filled with a hunger to grow- in their relationship with The Lord and their students. Most of them are barely keeping their head above water and dealing with some tough things in their own pasts while trying to teach kids that are broken and trafficked themselves. But they are hungry for hope, for improvement, and for healing. They have been waiting a long time for someone to come and to pour into them and build relationships with them- and as soon i showed up they didn't stop asking me questions and wanting that relationship. August feels like an eternity before I can come back and become a part of this body of Christ and help to build it up but I am so humbled and honored knowing they are waiting and ready for me to come back.

Last night I spent some time just seeking The Lord on what He really wants to do through me in working for Agape and His answer tasted like sweet honey as He spoke it to me. He gave me this beautiful picture of Him leading me to a building site hand in mine and as we watched these men build the school building, He spoke dreams and life into me. Like a daddy-daughter conversation, just sitting in God's presence was so beautiful and He said 'As they build the walls of the school, you will be building up the staff of Cambodian teachers. Their foundation is me but now it is time to build the body up into a unified force of love.'

Agape has purchased an open plot of land that is filled with potential to be a place of healing, love, and greater opportunities  for students in Svay Pak that are being trafficked and abused daily. I believe that as we physically build up that school on the land, He will be building up this body of Christ in the teachers that will be a wrecking ball to strongholds, warfare, and anything that comes against the hope of their students and their futures. I am honored to be a part of this- to teach and train these Cambodian teachers that will change their own village of Svay Pak and nation.

God has called me to speak things into existence that not yet are and to build. I speak over this school and staff that they will speak the truth in love growing up in everyone to Him who is the head, into Christ, from which the whole body joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when every part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4) I am ready to equip, build up and love this body of Christ until they do the same for each other.

Tomorrow Andrea and I head into the village of Kampong Speu to love on some amazing kids and teach English and bible studies. We are still in need of finances and prayer to continue this journey- If you would like to partner with this hit the parter with me tab and there is a pay pal link :) Please be praying for us- for what The Lord wants to do through us in this village and for my staff of teachers in Svay Pak- that The Lord would be preparing their hearts for healing and growth and unity in the faith. Grateful for all of you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers