Friday, March 14, 2014

From Europe to Asia.


I graduate here in four days, and in nine days I will once again be stepping onto a plane headed to the nations to love on people in the poorest places in the world. I have mixed emotions as I try to process all this change that is quickly happening- leaving my tribe here in Spain and stepping into the unknown once again with Jesus. Even amidst all this change I still have my peace and my savior who I can press into in the unknown and trust as my constant.

This trip over the next two months is one that I know is going to be life changing, there is so much depth to God's heart that I want to discover and see His love for new faces and old faces that I love in India. There is so much on the horizon waiting for my roommate Andrea and I and we are ready to meet God in the toughest places and the most hopeless looking places in the world and bring the light and life that we hold.

Here are the where and what's of the trip:

First stop: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We will be staying in Phnom Penh for a couple of days when we first arrive to apply for Indian Visas and to visit Agape International Missions to see where I will be moving in August. I will get the opportunity to meet the staff I will be working with, see the school I will be working in, and start to build some relationships.

Next Stop: Kampong Speu, Cambodia

The Lord made it very clear that we are supposed to be working with YWAM and in this village. We will be teaching english, leading bible studies and loving on the people in this small village on the outskirts of Phnom Penh. We will be taking bucket showers, catching lice, bringing the presence of God and loving every minute of it.

Next Stop: Andhra Pradesh, India

We will be working with Sarah's Covenant Homes in two locations: Hyderabad and a disclosed town 6 hours from Hyderabad. Both Andrea and I have already worked here and fallen in love with some of the kids there and we cannot wait to see them again! Sarah's covenant homes works with children with special needs that have been abandoned often times for death. I will also begin the process of asking God what squatter camp He wants be to build a school and safe house for trafficking victims at. The disclosed town is where I first encountered trafficking and a squatter camp and where God created the wound in me to show me that I need to do something about it.

Final Stop: Calcutta, India

Andrea and I are teaming with two of our roommates here in Spain (Brant and Josh) to work at the Mother Theresa home in Calcutta. Our heart in this is to not only love on the kids in the orphanage and adults in the house of the dying but to be the life and light of who God really is to those also working with us there. This organization although built on a foundation of Christ, has a variety of volunteers from all over the world that have come to find themselves or something more in life- and we want to be the light pointing them to Christ. I will also visit some more squatter camps and listen to where God is leading, still asking Him what squatter camp He wants me working with long term.

I cannot wait to see where and what God leads us to in these places. This vision trip is vital to what God is leading me into next working for Agape International Missions and for pioneering my own school and safe house in India. The total of this trip is $3000 and I am in need of partners both prayerfully and financially. If you would like to give there is a paypal link in the partner with me tab above, and if you would like to be on my prayer team you can send me an email at hendeesl01@yahoo.com  

I am so grateful for all The Lord is doing in my life and all the people who are a part of this adventure with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers