Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wrapped in His Promises



The sights and smells of India are unforgettable.

Burning trash, incense, and exhaust everywhere. Add a downpour of rain to this mix and you've got a smelly wet beautiful mess.

That is exactly where I was seven months ago- standing in an Indian market surrounded by colorful jewelry, trinkets, cloth, and so much more.  I bartered back and forth for a colorful blanket filled with elephants and left the market that day unaware of the significance it had and what God wanted to speak to me about. As we lifted off of Indian ground, my heart knew I would be back and God had spoken that I would be back too.

Fast forward to France this past New Years. I felt a wound begin to reopen that I hadn't realized I had gotten when I was in india. Every day on the train into Paris we would pass a squatter camp of Romanian gypsies living under tarps in poverty and every time we did my heart wrenched. Casually on one of our rides in, our French friend told us they were uneducated and trafficked. My heart instantly thought back to India, where we lived next to a squatter camp where I knew the kids were being trafficked. I had no power to do anything about it while I was  there and it created a wound in me that felt like it was re-ripped open in France. It was in that moment in France where I felt exposed and bleeding that I realized that God was speaking for me to do something about it.

The past month and a half have been a time of me trying to wrap my mind around how all this will be put together and where God really wants me. The days that I am overwhelmed God gives me reminders that I am wrapped in His promises and it's okay that my mind can't wrap around them. I've slept wrapped in my blanket from India ever since I left that land and it wasn't until this week that I realize what words are on the blanket and the further reassurance of His promises to me.

In French, the words read: l'homme propose dieu dispose

"Man plans, God has."

I could have planned a nice life for myself. A nice teaching job, dream home, 2.5 children but The Lord had other plans for me. Plans for me to teach the uneducated and love on the trafficked in places where they are considered less than human. He has called India my promise land- filled with milk and honey or burning trash and beautiful people.

I share my somewhat scattered heart to let you in on this journey with me.



In one month I graduate from G42 and will go to India and Cambodia with one of my amazing roommates. I am going to India to ask The Lord where exactly he wants me to start my own ministry there.

I'm also going to Cambodia to see where I will be living when I move there later this summer. In Cambodia I will be working for Agape International Missions, teaching children who are currently being trafficked. This is just the start of something bigger for me in India and will be a place for me to learn, grow, and serve under a thriving anti-trafficking ministry.

I am still prayerfully and financially in need. If you want to partner in what God is doing here at G42 in Spain, Cambodia, or India you can hit the partner with me button above. I can't do any of this without you and I am blessed to have such amazing supporters of Gods kingdom work through me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers