Thursday, May 1, 2014

Coming Alive Again [Picture Blog]


It has been a crazy couple weeks transitioning from Cambodia to India. I have been at a loss of words to blog all that God has been teaching me and all the places He has taken me, but when I seem to come to this point where I can't form words, God always allows photography to come back into my life.

 I've found that I really love taking pictures and capturing the natural moments of joy in others- whether thats an orphan or street child or just your average Joe in other countries. I love having my eye behind the lens waiting for the perfect moment to capture a piece of God in someone else.

I've also found that I can't capture moments that aren't in my promised lands. I tried taking pictures in several countries in Europe and America and it was like I had never held a camera in my life, but the second I set foot in Cambodia and back on Indian soil the past month and a half my pictures have come alive again. And I have come alive again myself, too

It somehow wasn't a surprise when I was asked to photograph the village in Cambodia I stayed in and the children I was going to be living with in India. God knows our hearts so intimately and loves to speak through us through different means than just our mouths. He takes our gifts and lets them come to life when we come alive. 

So, here are my words to my life the past month and a half. 


Keep Hope In Your Eyes
Kampong Speu, Cambodia

Create Something New Everyday
Kampong Speu, Cambodia


These Hands You've Made To Hold, My Beloved. 
Hyderabad, India


Beauty In The Fight For Life
Hyderabad, India


In Your Presence I'm Made Whole 
Hyderabad, India







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers