Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Love is Never Wasted

Love is never wasted.

These words ring life and hope into me. They breathe purpose into my lungs. They string together all the moments in the past couple months where I've questioned if I loved the people I encountered enough.



I've never, in my time traveling the world moved around as much as I have in Cambodia and India on this journey and even not I'm still not finished. I've met possibly hundreds of faces and names (most of which I Couldn't pronounce) each with there own story, struggles, and needs. I've seen first hand the evils of child trafficking, the poorest of the poor, the neglected, abused, abandoned, and forgotten-some who have come to the end of their hope even as an infant. I wish I had some great profound answer for all that I've seen and the hands that I've held. Honestly, I'm mostly left with more questions than anything, the biggest one being 'Did I love them enough?'

Did I take nugget on enough bike rides through the Cambodian back roads in the village?

Did I spend enough time with my teachers when they are so hungry for more of my time?

Did I snuggle little Dahlia enough when all shes known is people to keep leaving her life?

Did I take *Veronica on enough holding hands and ice cream dates to show her that the abuse she faced won't overcome her?

Did I hold Monea's hand enough when she felt trapped in her own limited body and didn't have an escape?

Did I give the 5 year old begging for money enough of my smile and hand to hold to relieve the demands being placed on her?

And then God's peace overwhelms me. Like a rush of cool breeze on a hot sweaty, elbow to elbow Indian public bus. And God whispers in my ear that love is never wasted.


Every bike ride, every teaching moment, every sweet snuggle time, every ice cream date, every eye contact that I've given even if for a moment held the power of great love, because of the great love that's captured my heart and life.

One moment of great love can change everything. It changed my whole life, and through me it's changing the lives around me too.

Love really never can be wasted, so don't underestimate the power behind even the smallest acts of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers